A timeline of the renovations
that have taken place.
Week of July 8, 2012
- Purged & loaded-out Sanctuary/nave/Chancel;
- Set up gym Sanctuary;
- Cleaned smoke soot and wax from brick wall of Chancel;
- Removed 7 processional candles/ plaques;
- Removed 6 pews to provide access to overhead ribs/
- columns/pilaster area;
- Reviewed emptied Sanctuary;
- Kickoff meeting with paint contractor and paint field
- Contractor mobilization;
- Mask-off and protection of existing surfaces and finishes;
- Began repair of damaged Interior stucco-plaster surfaces;
- Pending delivery of lift equipment;
- Pending removal of HVAC grills, plates, covers, etc;
- Pending paint primer application.
of July 15, 2012
- Moved-in 30’ & 40’ lift equipment;
- Continued mask-off and protection of existing surfaces and finishes;
- Removed 16 additional pews to provide better safety factor and
necessary maneuvering room and turning radius for paint and work areas;
- Continued repair of damaged "Interior Stucco Plaster" surfaces;
- Removal of HVAC grills, plates, covers, etc;
- Final color evaluation and refinement;
- Reviewed meeting with Zion Ad Hoc Leadership Panel Meeting with
paint contractor and paint field superintendent;
- Investigated temporary construction lighting options;
- Began paint primer application.
Week of July 22, 2012
Completed paint primer application coatings.
Applied texture to complete repair of damaged "Interior Stucco Plaster"
Meeting with Sound Consultant, Bill Johnson.
Access and evaluation of loudspeaker horn array over Altar.
Additional color refinements.
Communicated detailed Color Schedule to Paint Contractor.
Begin paint application in the main Sanctuary area.
Conversation and update with/from [window] Lighting Consultant.
Daily conversation with the Church Mouse.
Week of July 29, 2012
Continue application of paint coatings to articulate architectural
elements (structural ribs, belt-course,
chamfered corners, baptistry and pulpit canopies, framed windows) and
Color palette remains close to original presentation in Narthex, with
Enamel painting and reinstallation of HVAC supply air diffusers.
Gear-up to re-lamp fifty-plus recessed down-lights in the Nave with higher
output halogen reflector
Begin to uncover some protected surfaces at completed areas.
Preparation for detail enamel work for door frames, handrails, and
mopboard/stringers at stairs.
Week of August 5, 2012
Light Bulb Installation
to Church Ministry Main Page
Last Updated August 10
Ad Hoc Leadership Committee has reached a consensus of opinion with
regard to colors selected for the Sanctuary. Work is proceeding. We thank
everyone who offered constructive comments. We thank the qualified committee
for days of study: Russell Treece, AIA, former Bd. of Buildings &
Maintenance Chair; Bud Hultz, Bd. of Buildings and Maintenance Chair, Kyle
Hranitzky, Head Elder; Allan Zreet, AIA, Former Head Elder; Stan Gisler,
Parish President; James Kuhlmann, AIA, Immediate Past President; Charles
Green, President- Elect; Jerry Knippa, Business & Finance Manager; Robert C.
Preece, D. Min., Senior Pastor.
Temporary Sanctuary in